New portable thermal imagers Testo 890-2ATC will be used at Vnukovo airport
Portable thermal imagers were handed over at Vnukovo airport and instructed on how to work with them for Rospotrebnadzor employees performing their official duties in the airport complex, as part of additional measures to strengthen sanitary and quarantine control at checkpoints across the state border of the Russian Federation, including to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection on the territory of the Russian Federation.
The Russian Federation's Government has determined the only contractor for the supply of equipment for JSC Ruselectronics to the State Corporation Rostec, with which FSTI Rosgranstroy signed a state contract for the supply of the most modern thermal imaging equipment for checkpoints across the state border.
Dmitry Khartunyan, Production Director of Vnukovo International Airport, noted: "The management of Vnukovo International Airport highly appreciates our long-standing cooperation with FSTI Rosgranstroy. And today, within the framework of this interaction, our partners handed over thermal imaging equipment for checkpoints across the state border to the employees of Rosportebnadzor working at Vnukovo airport. Five new complexes will allow specialists to identify passengers with elevated temperatures without contact, remotely and as quickly as possible. In total, ten stationary thermal imaging complexes and eight mobile ones will now operate at Vnukovo airport. The procedure will take several seconds in time, which will allow an opportunity to check people's flow quickly. We want to express our gratitude to our partners for their help in organizing a safe stay of passengers at Vnukovo airport".
Within the requirements determined by Rospotrebnadzor for the thermal imaging equipment installed at checkpoints, portable devices have the following functionality:
- The dedicated function of automatic temperature compensation (Automatic Temperature Compensator - ATC) for detecting people with elevated body temperature and during the measurement process, automatically adjust to the errors introduced by the environment and the measurement errors of the device itself.
- The ATC function minimizes the number of operator actions required to operate the device when detecting increased body temperature.
- The high resolution of the detector 640x480 allows you to recognize a person with an elevated body temperature at a long distance with high definition.
- High sensitivity allows detecting an increase in human body temperature by 0.04 ° C.
- An interchangeable lens with a field of view of at least 25 degrees and a measurement frequency of at least 30 times per second allows reliable capture of a person's face and temperature measurement.
- The possibility of using thermal imaging equipment at arrivals, as well as onboard of aircraft and buses.
- The ability to operate thermal imaging equipment, both indoors and outdoors.
- Reliable equipment operation 24/7.
In conditions when countries are gradually opening their borders, and the number of international flights is growing, exceptional control over the health of passengers is necessary. The new equipment will maintain a high level of protection against the spread of viral infection on the Russian Federation's territory.
Vnukovo International Airport is one of the largest air transport complexes in Russia. Annually, the airport serves about 200 thousand flights of Russian and foreign airlines. The route network of the airport covers the entire territory of Russia, as well as neighboring countries, Europe, America, Asia, and Africa. In 2018, Vnukovo International Airport broke a historical record and served 21 million 478 thousand passengers, which is 18.4% or 3 million 340 thousand passengers more than in 2017.
The airport complex Vnukovo has a total area of about 300 thousand square meters. Vnukovo airport is able to provide capacity of up to 35 million passengers per year.
Vnukovo International Airport, the only one among the airports of Russia, received the award of the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin for his labor success and highly professional performance.
In addition, Vnukovo Airport was recognized as the best airport in the category “International Airport with passenger traffic of over 10 million passengers per year” of the national award “Air Gate of Russia” as part of the V National Aviation Infrastructure Show NAIS-2018. In 2019, Vnukovo Airport was recognized again as the best airport in the category “International Airport with passenger traffic of over 15 million passengers per year”.